Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Going without an itinerary?

Does anyone go to Vegas and just wing it? I%26#39;ve never been, planning a trip for June or July. Normally, I%26#39;m a HUGE planner and try to figure out where I want to eat, what I want to do, etc. ...While I%26#39;ve read a TON about Vegas, I don%26#39;t feel compelled to pre-plan everything. Is not having a plan a bad plan for a first trip?



Going without an itinerary?


Danno2009~ Thanks! I just read your reply to the ';3 days in Vegas'; post. Wish I would have read that BEFORE I posted...Oh well....Anyway, sounds like I shouldn%26#39;t worry about not being pre-planned!



Going without an itinerary?


Vegas is a town of distractions. I can%26#39;t image sticking to an itinerary. On the other hand, it%26#39;s a town of many choices, and there is nothing worse than wasting time on vacation trying to figure out want to do.





To me, you need to land somewhere between ';just wing it'; and ';plan every minute';. Have a few set pieces (buy tickets to one show, make reservations for one fancy dinner). And have a number of things you would like to do at some point (understanding that you might only get through half your list.)




For a first trip you should do your homework re: what%26#39;s there, the kinds of things you want to see, etc...





Some people aren%26#39;t comfortable unless they%26#39;ve got a notebook with every 1/2 hr of their trip planned out, with reservations, tickets and confirmations.





But, if you%26#39;re OK being less structured, you can have a great time being free format.





Again, do some homework so you%26#39;re not totally clueless.





Have a great trip.




faith,





The only reason I pre-planned on my last 2 trips is I wanted to make sure I didn%26#39;t miss seeing/doing anything I really wanted to. I didn%26#39;t know if I would ever be able to go back again. I am pre-planning again this coming time because I will be going with A Vegas virgin so want to make sure THEY don%26#39;t miss anything! If I ever go back again, I wouldn%26#39;t pre-plan anymore unless with newbies again. But for the first trip or two, I prefer to pre-plan anywhere I go. Not to mention with Vegas, I only go for 3 or 4 days, so not as much time to fit things in!




It%26#39;s not required that you have a plan. But you should be aware of which things have to be arranged in advance.



If you want to see one of the really top shows buy tickets in advance, or risk missing out. If you want to have dinner at TOW or Alize at sunset you better make reservations, because that%26#39;s the time everyone else wants to be there too. If you want the limo from Casa Di Amore to pick you up you have to call in advance.



But most of the time, in Las Vegas you can be pretty safe in just doin what you want when you want.



I would recommend however that you make a list of the ';absolutely must see'; things you want to get to. Because when you get to LV you are likely to be in sensory overload, and you don%26#39;t want to get home and think I%26#39;m so sorry I didn%26#39;t get to that.




Thanks, Zeke. Pre-purchasing tickets to a show is the one thing I have pre-planned! Well, almost...still have to decide which one! As far as that goes, is it difficult to get show tickets at the last minute if we decide on another we want to do?




';...make a list of the ';absolutely must see'; things you want to get to. Because when you get to LV you are likely to be in sensory overload...';





I%26#39;m in sensory overload already!!! I think that may be why I%26#39;m not as compelled to plan anymore....




I agree with the ';somewhere in between...'; sort of planning.





there%26#39;s a few ';must-see';s, then wing-it.





I friend just came back from her first trip, and everyone asked '; did you visit the Venetian? '; and she hadn%26#39;t, so now she feels like she missed something.




You don%26#39;t have to plan everything, but because of the summer heat you might want to have a rough plan before you leave your hotel in the morning of where you%26#39;d like to be that day. You don%26#39;t want to spend a lot of extra time going back and forth outside if you don%26#39;t have to.








Thats what i love about being in Vegas. Waking up and having the whole day ahead of us without a real plan.





Our only plan is when we leave our hotel we have to decide to turn left or right.


  • makeup counter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment