Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 12-17

We are leaving for Vegas on the 12th of April and staying till the 17th. This is our first trip to Vegas and we are staying at Ballys. Just wondering on how busy it will be this week?? We have a South Tower room booked but was wondering what our chances were of getting a North Tower room? We will definitely ask for this but was just wondering if it will be busy (i.e. any conventions) and if our chances will be good or not? ;).





Thanks



April 12-17


My wife and I are going to Vegas from 4/10 to 4/15. The hotel rates on Easter weekend seem to be about half of what they are on the weekends before and after. I guess no big conventions are going on around Easter Sunday, just tourists. I find this site to be helpful when trying to figure out when to go:





lasvegastourism.com/lasvegas_conventions.htm



April 12-17


check their website, if the rates are low for your dates then there is little demand for rooms which usually means low bookings for those dates.





I have been bumped to North Tower 3 times after booking South Tower. I did not request an upgrade I was just given on. If you ask they might charge you extra. I would see what they give you first, then ask for an upgrade.




'; I would see what they give you first, then ask for an upgrade.';





Different strokes and all that, but I would ask first if any upgrades are available. I%26#39;m just thinking that the clerk has just taken a minute or so to get the customer assigned to a room and may not be thrilled to do it all over again. There%26#39;s no harm in asking...




Thanks for the advice!




Some say try the twenty dollar trick.



We never have. Just use the friendly smile, ask how their day has been, just be nice and friendly, it works. As a matter of fact we have been just behind one of those people that think the whole world owes them a favor and all their woes are taken out on the poor person behind the desk. Well the smile and small talk came in quite handy (upgrade). Everyone likes a ';That a Boy'; (or Girl}once in while, so spread the love. Oh by the way I will be staying in Bally%26#39;s also from April 12-15. (If you do get a south tower room at least request a strip view...you%26#39;ll love it!)



Good luck to you both and who knows, we just may meet in the elevator!


  • makeup counter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment