Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What would you give up to stay at the Bellagio?

Right now we%26#39;re booked at the Mirage for 4 nights in July ($58/night). For another $175 (total) or so we could be at the Bellagio. If we stayed there, we would not spring for the lakeview upgrade. Since we have a set overall budget, we%26#39;d have to adjust some where to stay at the Bellagio (although really, I think we%26#39;ve added to the restaurant/show budget since the room rates are so low). So...is the Bellagio worth making adjustments for? (I know this is subjective, but would like others opinions.) Where would you cut/downgrade? This will be our first trip to Vegas and our first trip away from the kids.





Thanks!!



WLTT5



What would you give up to stay at the Bellagio?


I wouldn%26#39;t give up anything to stay at the Bellagio. I don%26#39;t like staying on the strip- been there/done that. I would rather spend my money on a show or some great meals or just spend it on gambling.



What would you give up to stay at the Bellagio?


I agree with vp. This is your first trip away from the kids so why give up anything?





If you were planning on just staying in your hotel and not seeing the town or shows then maybe consider it, otherwise why cut into your entertainment budget.




I would stick with the Mirage. I personally would not give up a good show or meal in order to stay at the Bellagio especially if you don%26#39;t get a lakeview room.





Theres too much to do in Vegas to sink all your money into a room.




I%26#39;ve stayed at both, Mirage has more reasonable food then Bellagio. Everything seems way over priced.



I would stay with Mirage




I have to agree. Sure you want a great room in a great hotel, but at the expense of what .... I have not stayed in the Mirage, but have stayed in the Bellagio. Is it nice - sure. But you have to ask yourself, how much will you be in your room. You can always visit the Bellagio to see the Conservatory (so pretty) and the fountains (really great) and get to do everything else on your list.




I always said that I wanted to stay at the Bellagio and had the oppurtunity to book a room there a few weeks ago. I decided not to beause although I could have got a great room rate, eating and gaming there are too high for our budget. The Mirage is a great choice with great places to eat and a wonderful pool. I%26#39;d stay with the Mirage if I were you.



BTW- we picked the MGM!!



S;-)




IMO pick another hotel then go enjoy the Bellagio%26#39;s botanical gardens and the fountains for free. It%26#39;s much more exciting to see the fountains and hear the music outside. I%26#39;ve ranted on here, previously, about our mediocre Bellagio experience. Rooms at the Mirage are updated and look nice in the pictures, They didn%26#39;t look bad to me before, either.



You need to decide what kind of Vegas experience you wnat for your money, although, for a first trip I%26#39;d definitely stay on the strip. I%26#39;ve been a dozen times and still prefer the strip.



Have you priced the rooms in the north tower at Bally%26#39;s? Those rooms are nice with a decent sized bathroom and the location is great. I%26#39;ve heard good things about Treasure Island too. In December, I saw the room of a friend who stayed at Harrah%26#39;s. It was nice as well but not very large.



You might get a mid-price hotel, go to a couple of shows and a couple of nice restaurants, walk the strip, watch the volcano at Mirage, B fountains and gardens and have a drink at Parasol Down at the Wynn. Enjoy yourselves and make first-time memories.




I agree with the others...don%26#39;t give up anything! The Mirage is a very nice property and as beautiful as the Bellagio is, you can visit and enjoy all that it has to offer without actually paying to stay there. Save your money and use it towards a show and/or nice meal like you%26#39;ve planned.



Have FUN in Vegas and ENJOY your time away from the kids!




Here%26#39;s another who wouldn%26#39;t give up anything to move from Mirage to Bellagio. But in my personal hotel rankings I have Mirage equal to Bellagio, and if the Mirage bathroom were just a little nicer it would leap ahead.



We like the pool at Mirage better (important to us) and the location. The only real edge we give to Bellagio is the spa, but I understand the one at Mirage has be re-done since we were last there. And we really hate the crowds at Bellagio.



Remember you are not talking about going from IP to Bellagio. Mirage is a very nice place.




Stay with Mirage. The Bellagio used to be the epitome of luxury in Vegas but it doesn%26#39;t really set the standard anymore. Mirage%26#39;s rooms have recently been remodeled and it%26#39;s a nice hotel in the center of the action. I think you%26#39;ll be very happy there, especially for a first trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment