Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mirage Pool - Trouble finding chair?

There has been some talk in the past on this forum about having trouble finding seats, especially at the Flamingo. Does anyone have any experience at the Mirage? Is this another property where you have to get down to the pool at 9am just to find a chair? My recent experience has been at the MGM where chairs are plentiful and I would hate to have to fight for a spot when I go late in June. Can anyone help with this topic?



Mirage Pool - Trouble finding chair?


I have stayed at The Mirage 4 times. You really need to get down there by no later than 8-8:30. Then you get to stand in line until they open (usually around 9:00). The best seats are right when you enter, go straight, and slightly to the right of the big, main pool. You can get the towels on the way to your seat and throw them down on the seats you want to reserve them. You should probably put some newspapers/magazines and suntan lotion on the seats as well if you are going to leave and come back later to sit down. People have been known to take the towels off the reserved seats and take them. You could also tip a cabana boy $5 to watch your seats.





These people who line up early mean business. There is literally RUNNING to get the seats, so be prepared. It doesn%26#39;t matter what day of the week, either....this happens every day.





Once you have claimed your territory, you%26#39;ll have a great time at the pool. It%26#39;s one of the best pools in Vegas! Enjoy!



Mirage Pool - Trouble finding chair?


I would get there pretty close to the opening time. Not right at opening, so you don%26#39;t have to stand in line. But this is a beautiful pool facility, and very popular, so yes, it can fill up very quickly.





I saw many openings last June when we went to secure the Cabanas. But that was pretty close to opening time.




They have cabana boys? All I noticed were the two Cabana girls we had =))




LOL! I meant to say pool/towel boys! Who, knows, maybe there are girls now!




Sounds serious...I am not sure I have seen anyone run to get a chair at a resort. Thanks for the information. I guess I will have to get out of bed a little earlier than I was planning. Which means I will have to go to bed earlier. Thinking about it, that is really cut down my vacation time in Vegas. I usually not in bed before 3 - 4 AM when am out there.




Just get someone else to go down and throw down the towels. Or, you can just put the towels down to reserve the seats and go back to bed! The worst thing is having to get up early with a hangover and lack of sleep to get a pool seat! But it%26#39;s worth it once you get it! Enjoy!




is this an issue in April(now)? or just the summer months?





and ms spawn, putting a towel down when you have no intention of using the chairs is selfish, greedy and immature. If you are not going to use the chair let someone else use it. Poeple act like they own the place with reserving chairs all morning and never even sitting in them!




also, is this just isolated to the mirage, or can you expect this all over vegas?




I don%26#39;t think reserving a seat is selfish or greedy. I only put my towels down early to go get a cup of coffee. I was back in 5 minutes. Call it what you want, but you%26#39;ll soon see if you stay there, when people are shoving you aside to take the seats.




In answering your other question, I have stayed at MGM, Mirage, and Bellagio in the past. The only place I saw the pool lines like that is at the Mirage. The other places usually are a bit less crowded. This happens mainly in the spring and summer, when it gets warmer out.

No comments:

Post a Comment