Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blackjack - suggestions on where to play and minimum cost?

Hi All





Going to be booking my trip to vegas for June this week. Hope to stay at the MGM Grand due to there special deals.





Anyway - its 10 years since I was in Vegas as used to play like $1 Blackjack to the early hours in the morning. As $1 blackjack is no more that I can find, any suggestions on the minimal hand costs now including that of the MGM. Also if there anywhere that end of the strip that I can get a cheap per hand deal?





Many Thanks





Scott



Blackjack - suggestions on where to play and minimum cost?


$5 at Tropicana. There is some 25 cent video blackjack on the video poker machines at Lucky%26#39;s Bar.



Blackjack - suggestions on where to play and minimum cost?


Downtown is your best option.



Try California, Binion%26#39;s, Four Queens.



Double deck $5 games.





LL




it is a myth that downtown is best



subscribe for the month of your trip to the newsletter at www.bj21.com



it lists all the games, house edge, rules, etc. Printed on the 3 rd of the month - so if you leave home before the 3rd subscribe for May



You will find that MGM properties in general have some favorable rules at lower limits.



Downtown does have a few tables of the best games - very few. In general the rest of the games downtown are worse than many strip properties.



You MUST know what you are looking for. two tables side-by-side in the same pit can have different rules - so ask - they won%26#39;t be posted.



spend $12, download the newsletter and be prepared - it will pay for itself.




Bridge:





The way I read the post, the poster was more interested in cheap tables than anything else. In that case, downtown has a plethora of them. People used to playing $1 blackjack probably wouldn%26#39;t know a good rule from a bad one, let alone basic strategy. The poster may be an exception though.





LL




When in June do you plan on going to Vegas?




If I want cheap, I head to the Sahara. You can still get a $5 table that will pay 3:2. Eight decks though. The monorail will take you there.




Treasure Island and O%26#39;Shays




Slots-O-Fun had $1, $2, and $5 when I was there a little over a year ago. I have a bad sense of smell and even I thought that place stunk. I will be in Vegas in 12 days and I am looking forward to some $5 blackjack somewhere. I am in it for the fun, but I am not a high roller.




Do not play at O%26#39;Sheas...all games are 6/5. Do not be a ploppy sucker.




Hi All





Will be hopefully in Vegas beginning 6th June for a week - all being well with booking it this week.





In ref to Blackjack - I am ok at it. I was up overall the last time I was in vegas, and that was playing at slots of fun (as I stayed at the stardust), sahara, and Billion (I think). Mostly played small hands as I found most of the fun was being at the tables and chatting to all the people.





As I will hopefully be staying at the MGM Grand, would prefer someone round there to play Blackjack, cheaper deck as possible but again, dont want the deck rules to make it impossible to win anything.





Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment