Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lobster Anyone?

I posted yesterday asking about restaurant for 10th wedding anniversary, thanks for the replies, now getting more specific, what about good Lobster? Any ideas on that? Thanks all.

Lobster Anyone?

The Palm in Caesars Forum Shops. Go to their website they%26#39;ll explain all their present and upcoming lobster specials.

Lobster Anyone?

Last year we had lobster at a restaurant in the Golden Nugget called Vic and Anthonys. It was HUGE!! I think its like 1 1/2 pounds and we ordered it to split. It was around $98 or so.


We went to Joe%26#39;s Seafood in Caesars for my wedding dinner, I thought it was fantastic...can%26#39;t remember the lobster specifically but the Crab was HUGE and delish!


About 18 months ago we had fantastic lobster in Las Vegas at Gallaghers in NYNY. My husband is from the maritimes so knows a thing or 20 about lobster so asked some questions first (ie: fresh? atlantic? size etc) it was fresh, it was atlantic, it was huge about 2 lbs he estimates which isn%26#39;t usually that good (too big) but it was really really good. 4 of us all shared it at that size. Now I could be mistaken in this but we THINK that the steak and lobster meal was ABOUT MAYBE $120? hope this helps.


Bump


I%26#39;ve had very large lobsters that were delicious (4 lbs. plus). I think if they are overcooked they become tough, cooked properly large ones are great.


I don%26#39;t have any experience with lobsters in Vegas, but at home I sure do. A 2 lb. lobster is in no way huge afterall, most of it is shell. A nice Maine or cold water lobster is what to go after. By the way , we shared a 7 lb. when the Pat%26#39;s won the superbowl. That was huge! Lobster gets messy to eat so beware.


Lobster ravioli at Jasmine - one of our favorites. We order many plates - coupled with a fabulous wine and salad - perfect. Take the wine to the fountains - and then play blackjack %26amp; craps - a good evening.


Everytime I go to Las Vegas I get the craving for Lobster. But after seeing what price they want for it I lose my interest. A couple of months or so ago I heard Lobster was going for $4.99 a pound on the market so I thought maybe Las Vegas would be running some specials but no such luck. The prices for dinners were the same regardless of the ';real'; market price of Lobster, guess they call the difference ';profits';.

But I do visit the Oyster Bar in the Palace Station and get their ';Lobster Pan Roast'; which is quite good.


Thanks All, appreciate all of the responses!!!

  • compact disc drive back
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment