Wednesday, April 25, 2012

McCarran - Duty Free?

Are there no duty free shops at the B gates? I know there is one in T2 and I believe the D gates, but I dont see on for the B gates on their site. Will I be unable to purchase Duty Free since I depart from B?



McCarran - Duty Free?


I think all the International flights go out of Terminal 2 which is why the duty free is located there. IF there are a few flights (like Canada, based on your screen name!) they are probably not in sufficient number to justify having a second duty free shop at the B gates.



McCarran - Duty Free?


We need an edit button...





I mean if there are a ';few flights out of Terminal B...'; to Canada...




I was just in the D concourse on Monday, no Duty Free there that I saw.




I should have headed for McCarran%26#39;s website in the first place. :)





Three Duty Free shops.





Terminal 2, A Gates, D Gates.





(If you%26#39;re flying out of ';B';, A is easy to walk to)





http://www.mccarran.com/D_shopping.asp




Ok, I am flying to Canada from B. :)



Last year I flew from T1 and it was fine, but I have never been in the main terminal. So its not a problem to buy from gate A and bring it back to gates in B? I wasnt sure if you were permitted to do that? lol




Edit last year i flew from Terminal 2.




';So its not a problem to buy from gate A and bring it back to gates in B? I wasnt sure if you were permitted to do that?';





Look at the airport map in the link I just posted. The A gates are right next to the B gates. You just turn left for B or right for A when you get to the Burger King.





(Someone correct me if it%26#39;s not still Burger King - my last few trips I%26#39;ve gone out of D for Delta)




Thanks Irish! The gates dont seem to far apart at all. In the past whenever I bought duty free the salespeople will hold if for you and give it to you as you board at your gate. My question is if I did walk over to A (or D for that matter) to buy some things would they still bring it to me when I am boarding at a B gate? I wasnt sure if you could go between different Gate areas for such things.





So essentially I can buy from either duty free shop, and it will be waiting for me when I board? Am I right is saying this?





Thanks for your help!




';So essentially I can buy from either duty free shop, and it will be waiting for me when I board? Am I right is saying this?';





Hopefully someone who has done this can tell you, I have never flown to an International destination from LAS.





The process you%26#39;re describing is what I%26#39;m used to at other airports when I depart, but I don%26#39;t know if it%26#39;s the same everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment