Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Best Restaurants Without a Jacket

Parents and bro want a nice dinner (celebrating parent%26#39;s anniversary). They are staying at Bellagio and had decided on Picasso but are not keen on lugging a jacket along for the one dinner. I%26#39;ve been to Olives and was not impressed (too loud, food not worth the prices, indifferent service). How is Mesa Grill? Any suggestions appreciated.



Best Restaurants Without a Jacket


Mesa Grill at Caesars is excellent with it%26#39;s Southwest Bold flavors. Another good place is The Range Steakhouse at Harrah%26#39;s plus you have a view of the strip price is reasonable %26amp; no jacket required. Nero%26#39;s at Ceasars is also an excellent place for steaks %26amp; Seafood or you could go to The Eiffel Tower at Paris with a spectacular view of the strip %26amp; Bellagio fountains.



Best Restaurants Without a Jacket


If you didn%26#39;t like the atmosphere at Olives, you probably won%26#39;t like Mesa Grill either. And you%26#39;re right I wouldn%26#39;t go to Picasso without a jacket either.



How about Prime? A jacket is probably recommended there but not required. Also Emerils at MGM is a little more casual.




Botero%26#39;s at the Encore is a classy steakhouse where jackets are not required. I had my clubbing attire on and they did not give me any problems dining there. I suggest getting reservations for any of those places.




I agree with ktinca%26#39;s suggestion of Emeril%26#39;s - great food and you wouldn%26#39;t feel uncomfortable without a jacket there, though I confess I fail to see why it%26#39;s a great hardship :)




Well no restuarant requires a jacket, so that is hard to answer. Only requirement is you have a wallet.




Battistas- its right behind Flaming, just off the strip. Awsome italian food, include red and white house wine, salad and bread to start. Food was excellent, and a wide range of italian dishes!




Is there a restaurant in Vegas that REQUIRES a jacket?




I%26#39;m not actually sure if any actually REQUIRE a jacket, maybe Alex. And I think Picasso would probably not turn them away if you were still dressed nicely. But her parents would probably feel uncomfortable. I know I would.



One other thing, if everyone else in the restaurant is dressed up and contributing to the overall ambiance of the restaurant and you%26#39;re not, what kind of table do you think you are going to get?




KT, I fully agree, we are sometimes overdressed in comparison to others when we dine (which can be equally uncomfortable). I do know for certain that Alex does not REQUIRE a jacket (it says strongly recommended on the website) I would not even begin to THINK about going here without a jacket (or tie). However, on our visit, there were at least three men without jacket OR tie, and one looked like he%26#39;d just come from a lanai chair somewhere (khakis, a Tommy B shirt, and sandals, I kid you not) - and THAT couple had a window seat. Must have been a real high-roller. Their female companions, on the other hand, were dressed to the nines.




I%26#39;m not sure if any Strip restaurants require a jacket. Joel Robuchon and Guy Savoy used to require them (at least in theory), but Guy Savoy removed the requirement some time ago, and I vaguely recall that it was removed for Robuchon as well (but am not sure). Alex merely says ';Jackets suggested; not required. No casual attire, please.';

No comments:

Post a Comment