Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Perusing Pawn Shops

Has anyone on here been a bit of a visitor to pawn shops in the Strip area?





My husband has never been to Vegas, and when we do go later this year, that%26#39;s the one thing he thinks he would really like to do.





Of course, I%26#39;m hoping he will find some other things to enjoy,too.



Perusing Pawn Shops


We visited one pawn shop that is near Fremont Street. It%26#39;s less than a block up from the Harley Davidson store. If I recall correctly, they aren%26#39;t open in the evening.



Perusing Pawn Shops


When I was in college and living there I found a gold chain with a charm in the middle of the street once and sold it for $250 to a PAwn Shop on LV Blvd between Charleston and Fremont. Other than that I dont know that Ive stepped foot in one.




I went to 2 Pawns just off Fremont %26amp; found them to be a big let down, they had lots of crappy used electronics, no high end jewelry %26amp; one place had a room full of fur and leather coats.



I have read that Vegas Pawns aren%26#39;t what they used to be mainly due to online auctions like Ebay, it%26#39;s a bigger marketplace %26amp; they can get more online than through the shop.




jimmychips could be right.





However, one persons trash is another persons treasure.






';However, one persons trash is another persons treasure.';





This is true %26amp; one of the Pawns informed me as I entered ';if you like anything we can make a deal';, so there are deals to be had espacially if you want electronics. I don%26#39;t feel comfortable buying used electronics with no warranty.





I didn%26#39;t think Gemgirlbarbara would be interested in anything more than jewelry (based on her name) %26amp; the pawns didn%26#39;t have much of that. I have a suspicion that Gemgirl might be a GIA, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment