Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Poker rooms

Leave for Vegas on Sunday.



All you hear about is how the Vegas economy is down. Are the poker rooms on the strip busy in after noon and at night?



Has anybody played at the Hardrocks new poker lounge?



Poker rooms


Not played at the new Hard Rock Poker Room but I hear very very good things about it.



Poker rooms


Is it busy at night? Lots of Loose action?




Couldn%26#39;t tell you.. But I%26#39;m sure someone here knows.




As with most poker questions, you should check out www.allvegaspoker.com . Their editors loved the Hard Rock room, but most posters have been a lot less positive.





I just played last weekend. It was OK. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing I%26#39;d go out of the way to visit. Drinks were good, but servcie very slow.





Poker rooms in general seemed less busy than the past few trips, but less busy than the past couple years.




I would guess that the economy would cause gamblers who ordinarily play other games to switch to poker because you can play for longer while preserving your bankroll. So the poker rooms might not be any less crowded. But that%26#39;s just a theory.




I was there last week and had no problem finding full poker rooms. While the poker room at my hotel (Luxor) sucked I only saw it empty once. The Bellagio, Wynn, Venetian, Hard Rock, and my personal favorite MGM were always going strong (often a short wait). My last night there (Thursday) I played at MGM from about 9pm-7am Friday (had to shower %26amp; pack for my noontime flight) and there were at least 10 tables going strong all night. I might add that being spring break/march madness time there were a lot of fish in the sea %26amp; it was quite a profitable week. Hope you have similar luck!




Thanks.



I mostly like playing at The Venetian but I like the looks of the new Room at the Hardrock

No comments:

Post a Comment