Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trump Offer is Misleading, Maybe Deceptive

I was excited to receive a ';limited time, suite upgrade'; email from Trump yesterday offering a free upgrade to a one bedroom suite when booking a studio. I clicked on the link to the Vegas hotel and was surprised to see the inflated rate of $169 (plus $15.21 tax) for Monday, May 3 when Hotels.com and Orbitz are offering the studio at $89 for that same night. Their link took me right to the supposedly ';complimentary upgrade offer';. I checked several other nights and all the rates were inflated. Guess, its not really such a good deal. Buyer beware!



castaways01





Trump Offer is Misleading, Maybe Deceptive


Don%26#39;t stay at Trump. It%26#39;s a rip off. There are so many extra charges besides the room cost.



Trump Offer is Misleading, Maybe Deceptive


I%26#39;m not sure I understand why you think this is deceptive. Wasn%26#39;t Trump going to deliver on their promised upgrade?



This was a direct offer, not one offered through other 3rd parties.



I appreciate the warning, but I%26#39;m not really sure it%26#39;s fair.




castaways;



I received the very same offer. You are 100 per cent RIGHT. I too checked the site for the $89. offer with complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom. Guess what, the $89. studio shows a price of $169. I could not fine one night that showed an $89. rate. If you book with a 3rd. party for a studio at $89, this is exactly what you will get. You will not get an ungrade. So I am with you on this, the offer is misleading and in fact does not exist. If the offer says $89. with complimentary upgrade and then the website offers it for $169. then they are misleading and something is wrong here. Never ever had this happen with any other offer from other hotels. The Donald is not being upfront or hiss staff have screwed up. Either way the offer is non existent.




I think they went back and fixed the website so now it does show the former $89 rate for weekdays. Maybe they saw these postings??? Or, maybe they read the emails I sent!

No comments:

Post a Comment