Wednesday, April 18, 2012

T-58 hours and counting....

until we%26#39;re wheels up at IAD.





I%26#39;m headed out on my first trip in almost 2 years. I used to go 2-3 times yearly, occasionally solo. I usually stay off-strip or downtown as I%26#39;m primarily there to gamble. This time, my girlfriend is going with me, and it%26#39;s her first time out there, so we are staying on the strip. I haven%26#39;t been with a rookie in a long time so I%26#39;m looking forward to experiencing that with her. Found a great rate at the mirage. Also a good rate at bellagio, but I figured Mirage was just fine for a first timer, she%26#39;d like the pool, and I like the location a little better.





We%26#39;ll get in late-evening on sunday. I%26#39;m the world%26#39;s biggest candya$$ on an airplane, so I%26#39;ll be trying to recover from the tranquilizer I%26#39;ll have to take. (I%26#39;m man enough to admit that in public...:) Hopefully I%26#39;ll be functional enough for us to check in, grab a late dinner and some drinks and a first stroll down the strip at night.





We%26#39;re morning people and we like to run, so we%26#39;ll probably be up before dawn monday due to jet lag. I anticipate a sunrise run down the strip. Monday is looking like the warmest day of our trip, so I expect lots of pool time that day. Thinking about a late lunch at Olive%26#39;s, hopefully on the patio to catch the first fountain show of the day. We both want to watch the NCAA final, and I%26#39;ve never been to the Peppermill, so I thought we%26#39;d catch the game there and enjoy some kitsch and fruity drinks.





Tuesday is pretty open -- I expect to explore the strip, she sort of wants to go the liberace museum. And she also seemed excited about the gun store where you can rent a machine gun. (Ain%26#39;t she great???!!!) We%26#39;re going to see Mystere that night, and I%26#39;m thinking dinner will be sushi either at Tao or SushiRoku. (would love any opinions anyone has between those).





Wednesday we%26#39;ll probably head downtown. She wants to see where I usually play cards (can%26#39;t wait to show her the Gold Spike ha ha) and she wants to play craps, so I figured we could do downtown and take advantage of the lower limits there, and enjoy a comped canned beer at the ElCo. (They still bring you cans? I think it%26#39;s been a while since they did that.)





Thursday is our last full day. Probably more pool time if it%26#39;s warm enough, and I%26#39;m thinking about dinner at Fix.





Half the fun of course is not having a plan, but I figured this was a good general outline for the week. As I%26#39;m sure is obvious, I%26#39;m really excited. I think I%26#39;ve checked this forum 20 times daily this week....



T-58 hours and counting....


You sound excited! Sounds like a great plan. It will surely be a different experience for you this time. Have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment