Thursday, April 19, 2012

How ';safe'; are the in room safes?

I saw a reply in someone%26#39;s recent CP trip report thread stating that they ';knew'; someone who had things or cash stolen out of an in-room safe in Las Vegas.





I%26#39;ve been to LV a buch, and use the safes often, and have never had an issue, but I%26#39;m interested to hear peoples FIRST HAND experience.





No ';a friend told me...'; stuff. Have you ever had your in-room safe compromised?



How ';safe'; are the in room safes?


Never a problem. Never heard of any problems.





I%26#39;m thinking I%26#39;m more likely to hit 7 7 7 on the slots than have a room safe compromised.



How ';safe'; are the in room safes?


Probably as safe as putting a club on your car. They%26#39;re certainly not going to stop anybody who knows what they are doing and wants to get in badly. But will do the job most of the time.




Never had a problem using them wether in Vegas or any other place.




No problems using any safe in LV. I usually chuck my laptop and 1 or 2K in the there.





I would the majority of money disappears from safes due the following:



A) the last person to use it simply forgot to lock it.



B) for couples, one spouse is covering for a greater loss than was told, so fabricate a story to cover.





Even if someone broke in and took it, there would be easy wasy to find the offender. First, there is a log of the pass keys used to gain entrance to the Second, a separate device is needed to reprogram or open a locked safe.








We%26#39;ve used the safe in the hotels for years and never had a problem.





You think up the code. The hotel has no idea what that code is.




We got to our hotel room and found the previous occupant had left the safe locked, presumably for a joke. We called security and the man who turned up got into it in two seconds, although I wasn%26#39;t watching so I don%26#39;t know how he did it. So it can be done. Whether it is done is another matter.




I don%26#39;t think the guys from Oceans 11 would have much trouble breaking into them!





I%26#39;ve never had any problems with getting a romm safe robbed....but I am careful to ensure it is locked properly before I leave the room aswell.





cheers



shirl%26#39;




Better than no safe thats for sure, I never had a problem. Only complaint is that some are not big enough for a laptop - the ones in the Venetian were nice sized. I have had some in the past that used a key and some electronic.





Never heard of problems other than batteries dying and you cant get it open, forgot the combo etc.




Never had a problem.





In fact the safe was locked when we got into the room at MC. When security opened it, it had to clips of bullets. He tells me cops stay there all the time!



Cops trust it =)




I use these safes all the time but they ( like all other locks ) can be opened and you would be a fool if you thought that it could not. I have never had anything taken BUT I bet somebody gets money stolen every day somewhere.





Have a look here at one of many videos available online that talks about how easy it is to ';crack'; a hotel safe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPcmZ7zIqfo





SSB


  • lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment