Thursday, April 19, 2012

Did the Time share thing this past visit

I thought what the heck, it was for the new PH place next to it%26#39;s hotel. I was only a 90 minute presentation and the rooms are Wow, but so is the cost. Got the whole presentation and when I explained to the nice lady we (my sister and me) were not interested at this time, you would have thought I had just killed her son. She went balistic and very mean. She said I ';used'; her for the tickets (Blue Man group) and any respectable person wouldn%26#39;t have ';wasted'; her time and me not buying may end up costing her the job. I almost fell on the floor laughing. I asked her of the over 75+ people in this large room getting the ';presentation'; how many would have been there had not something been offered? She just looked at me and walked off. So I got my two tickets (value of $86 a piece) and headed out.





Also thought it was interesting that they required men to have a larger income then women...by over $15,000 a year....



Did the Time share thing this past visit


I did that presentation last year. I didn%26#39;t think it was too bad. Mine lasted a little over 90 minutes. I picked Steve Wyrick tickets and free buffets. I was actually thinking of doing it again when we go in May.



Did the Time share thing this past visit


We%26#39;re going to LV in July and staying at the Jockey Club. Which timeshare is PH? We may want to do a presentation.




No need to answer. Realized you were talking about Planet Hollywood.




I thought the ';items'; they were offering and the 90 minute presentation were pretty good. They had what i would consider three ';A'; shows in La Rev, BMG and Lance Burton. A number of B shows along with buffet and some C shows and a meal, or you can opt for $150 in slot monies at IP. I wonder if anyone has taken the slot offer and if so did they leave with any cash? My sister isn%26#39;t much of a gambler and had seen La Reve so we took BMG, which turned out to be a very good and entertaining show. This is my first extended visit to vegas with my sister and first time feeling what it is like for couples who get hounded all the time by TS people. I usually go alone and they don%26#39;t approach men. Guess we don%26#39;t spend money like women or couples?




That woman%26#39;s behavior was extremely unprofessional and you should have advised her supervisor. With that type of behavior in front of clients, you should lose her job.





We have attended several timeshare presentations over the years - Hilton in Oahu and Las Vegas, Starwood at the Princeville in Kuaui, and Westin on Maui. In each instance, the presenters have been very professional even when we had to decline to buy. They simply wished us a pleasant vacation for the remainder of our stay.




';She went balistic and very mean.';





Classic. I think I will take them up on their offer next time we%26#39;re in Vegas and then hopefully have the chance to throw it right back at them if he/she acts like the way you described.





I think you acted appropriately and only hope you were laughing in her face while she was going ballistic. Nice work!!




My brother and his fiance did a timeshare tour through the Grand View and received, I believe, $50 in meal vouchers and $50 in slot play. The kicker...for the $50 in slot play they received in cash (I thought it was a little odd since the last time I did one of those we got a $100 gift card to NYNY/MGM and two ride passes on the NYNY coaster).




indy4192, I think you are right about couples being targeted by the timeshare folks.





When I go to LV with our daughters, the timeshare people may say hello but that is it. When it%26#39;s the husband and me, we are approached every time.





I%26#39;m sure they have a reason for targeting couples, but I think that that is an old way of thinking ...that single (or one income) people don%26#39;t make the $ that couples do.




Did the timeshare thing a few years ago. Heard an ad on the radio and called and was given 4 free nights, free airfare and 200.00 each gambling money. 90 minutes of my time for a free trip, hell yes and would do it again.




Think about this..





I%26#39;m a deaf man.. I think I%26#39;ll just go to a timeshare, turn off my hearing aids and pretend I%26#39;m listening and just space out....





When all done and over, I%26#39;ll smile say no thank you, now can I get my tickets?





Should they start complainin%26#39;, once again I%26#39;ll turn off my hearing aids.





Ain%26#39;t that an easy way to get some free tickets/buffet?





The joke%26#39;s on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment