Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April Fool's Joke - Vegas Style!

Just had to share the Vegas April Fool’s Day joke I played on my mom this morning.





We are heading to Vegas next Friday, staying on our first comped trip at Caesars. We aren’t high rollers but it seems HET is giving away free rooms all over the place and we were happy for the offer. The last two trips my mom has stayed at the Flamingo so I thought it made sense to work that into the joke. So I get a girl from work to call my mom, unfortunately she didn’t answer so my friend left a message that went like this:





“Hello Mrs. X, my name is Christine and I’m a host here at the Flamingo Las Vegas. I see you are planning to visit our city next week and stay at Caesars. We would really like to have you back at the Flamingo so if you stay with us, we can offer you accommodation in a Neapolitan Suite and tickets to Donny and Marie Osmond. All you have to do is ask for me when you get to the Flamingo and I will make sure you are taken care of. I will give you a call back on Friday to confirm or you can call me at 1-888…. Thanks and I look forward to taking care of you on your next trip.” I think she ad-libbed some other stuff but she remained professional throughout.





About 2 hours later I get a call from my excited mother who tells me the Flamingo called and do we want to stay in a suite. She says she’s looked up the suite and the room looks good, did I want to change hotels?





I said yes, that sounded good plus free show tickets. I asked her what she thought they were going to tell her when they called back on Friday and she said “just to confirm if we want to go”. I said I think they might tell you something else and she said “what?” and I said, “to say April Fools”. And she said, “Do you think they would do that?” I said “No, but I would” and broke into a fit of laughter.





After a second it sunk in and she started laughing too. And she said, “I’ve just spent 15 minutes looking up this suite and we’re not evening getting it? I’m going to get you next year!” And then I was off to report back to my co-worker on what a good job she did.





Yes, I know I’m not asking a question about Vegas, but it was Vegas related! :)



April Fool's Joke - Vegas Style!


Good one! But what a let down for her! Watch out for the backlash!



April Fool's Joke - Vegas Style!


Yes, come next April 1st I will be watching my back. She also reminded me about how one time I moved her car down the street and made her think it was stolen. I had forgot about that one.




haha good job!




Me and Five of my girlfriends are leaving for Vegas Friday. I get a text message this morning at 7am from one of the girls saying she cannot go, its her daughters 16th birthday friday and the girl is throwing a fit that she will be gone and crying and wont stop. Oh the thoughts that ran through my head. The plane ticket, the hotel room booked on MY credit card for her and another girl. One girl having to be alone in a room. Her daughter being a brat. Lol. Etc etc. I did text her back telling her I hoped her daughter felt better today and would cooperate with her so she could go. 5 minutes later... I get a text.. APRIL FOOLS! OMG.. she had me GOING. I get to work and get a email from another friend.. asking me if I got a text from the other friend. HA.. she got ALL of us!




If I did that to my mom.. she%26#39;d kick my @ss!! lolz




Good one!! My mom%26#39;s birthday is April !.. poor woman... she got a lot of ';fun presents'; when we were little.. a garden snake in a wrapped box once...





I really wish she was the kind of mom I could take to Vegas with though :(




Remind me to ask for some advice for a prank on my husband next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment