Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Which buffet has the best sushi??

Selection wise and quality?

TIA

Which buffet has the best sushi??

I haven%26#39;t experienced too many buffets in Vegas, but did do the Wynn and Bellagio last month. I actually went on a rant about this when I got back b/c I was so disappointed in the Wynn Buffet. Wynn literally has no sushi selection; I think there were like three different rolls, including a California roll, lol. Bellagio had a pretty decent selection, I thought. Had several rolls as well as nigiri. Salmon nigiri, which is my favorite sushi, was pretty good. Nothing to freak out about but pretty good for a buffet. I%26#39;m sure the Rio may have a decent sushi selection as well.

Which buffet has the best sushi??

Todai would be your best bet. I believe its at Planet Hollywood but correct me if I%26#39;m wrong. I%26#39;m not too crazy about it because its a chain and there%26#39;s actually a few around where I live. But for sushi, you can%26#39;t go wrong with this buffet, just don%26#39;t expect spectacular sushi like you would at a restaurant.


Mass produced sushi sucks. If you want desent cheap sushi checkout RA at the FSM durring happy hour, great deals on sushi and drinks.


Out of all the buffets I%26#39;ve been to, I would rate Todai as the best. It, like others have said, is not the best tasting sushi ever though! If you like choice though this is pretty good. Some Todais also offer freshly made hand rolls which are nice.


Bellagio has decent sushi and you can also get a hand roll but you need to ask the chef behind the counter for it. I also like the salmon nigiri here. Sometimes they also offer salmon poki, tuna poki, salmon pieces or tuna pieces without the rice which is nice if you do not want to get full on rice.

If you really enjoy sushi and want it buffet style for a decent price try Sushi-Mon. You opt for the buffet style but you order from a menu. They also have appetizers and a couple of desserts on the menu included with the buffet price.

The key at Sushi-Mon is that you must eat what you order, no waste or they will charge you so order carefully and pace your ordering. During the peak hours, they restrict you to a one hour seating (I think), especially if there are people waiting. Service has always been fast so finishing in an hour has never been a problem for us.

yelp.com/biz/sushi-mon-restaurant-las-vegas.


shameless bump----I%26#39;m not really looking for a sushi buffet, rather a hotel buffet with a sushi selection


Bellagio has what you want, a good buffet with a nice section of sushi selections.


I have no clue what ';shameless bump'; means in your reply, but I suggested two options so if Option 2 (Sushi-Mon) does not float your boat then Option 1 (Bellagio) as other posters have concurred is probably up your alley.

Enjoy!


For a buffet *with* sushi, Bellagio had the most decent sushi I%26#39;ve experienced. Wynn and Rio were rather poor. I%26#39;d echo other comments saying that buffet sushi just doesn%26#39;t compare to even average sushi elsewhere (at least out here in California). There are several Todai restaurants here in CA and they are fair, if you just want sushi and Asian food.

I checked out Ra at the Fashion Show Mall a few times - pretty good (albeit pricey), but it is pretty loud and thus not great for families.

  • canure place key on laptops
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment